On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a card game completely for free!
The 12 Days of Christmas is a new holiday card game for 3 to 5 players. It was invented by James Ernest and Mike Selinker, who were absolutely amazed to discover in 2011 that no one had done this game before. (Since then, of course, someone else has done it. Ah, well.)
It's a simple deck of cards with 12 drummers drumming, 11 pipers piping, and so on down to the partridge, plus a couple of Clauses. Players take 12 rounds capturing point cards and building a perfect hand of gifts for the final scoring round. It's charming, simple, unique, family-friendly, and available as a free PDF.
You can also buy the real-life version of this game, "12 Days," from The Gamesmith and your favorite local game store.
Here is what you need to play The 12 Days of Christmas:
- 12 Days of Christmas Rules Sheet (1.05 MB)
- 12 Days of Christmas Cards (With black outlines, 7.04 MB)
- 12 Days of Christmas Cards (Alternate, with crop lines, 9.4 MB)
- 12 Days of Christmas Card Backs (For Gift Deck, 2.8 MB)
- 12 Days of Christmas Alternate Card Backs (For Holiday Deck, 3.0 MB)