This page has the best stuff. Our best board and card games, absolutely free.
Section 1: Easy-to-Print Games
Most of the games below require little or no printing, so in most cases you can download the PDFs and read them from your mobile device, or just print the rules and go. Sometimes, like with Palomino, there's an optional board in case you want to get fancy.
- Button Men: A strategy dice game played with lots of dice. Now with 48 free characters!
- Fightopia!: A 2-player chessboard game with small, medium, and large robots.
- Flip: A quick strategy game using ten 6-sided dice.
- Mapple: A simple territory control game you play with coins.
- Pairs: A pub-style card game (you can print our deck, or use cards from three poker decks).
- Palomino:A casino-style card game played with a single poker deck.
- Pennywise: A simple strategy game starring your pocket change.
- Poker Suite: 14 original games that you can play with a standard deck of cards.
- Queensland: A simple strategy game played with a checkers set.
- Red Baron: A Blackjack-style game played with a custom deck (of standard cards).
- Take-Back-Toe: An award-winning 2-player strategy game with chips and a 6-sided die.
Section 2, Card Games
The games below contain nothing but cards. Which sounds easy. But actually, good cards are hard to make. We've given you some hints in the rulebooks, but the best method is different for every game. Agora and TimeLine cards, for example, want to be on heavier cardstock or chipboard, while cards for Unexploded Cow and The Big Cheese need to be thinner and easier to shuffle. For some of these card games, we've created a project at Artscow.com (a Hong Kong printer) so you can order your own copy from them. But even if you do that, we'd still like a donation.
- Agora: A tile game about building an ancient marketplace, for 2-4 players.
- The Big Cheese: A bidding game about workers, projects, and managers, for 3-6 players.
- BRAWL: A real time card game with 6 character decks, for 2 players. (Also for iOS!)
- FALLING: A real time card game about falling to the ground, for 4 to 8 players.
- Gold Digger: A press-your-luck card game about digging for gold, for 2 to 4 players.
- Light Speed: A real time card game about space combat, for 2 to 5 players.
- Renfield: A trick-taking gambling game about gravediggers eating bugs.
- Starbase Jeff: A gambling puzzle game about building a space station.
- TimeLine: An abstract tile game about time travel, for 2 to 5 players.
- The 12 Days of Christmas: A holiday-themed bidding game for 3 to 5 players.
- Unexploded Cow: A card game about mad cows and unexploded bombs, for 3 to 6 players.
Section 3, Board Games
These games have boards, and some have cards too. They can represent a logistical challenge to assemble, but we know you're up to it. The result will be a professional-quality board game that cost you nothing. Unless, of course, you would like to support us with a donation.
- Deadwood: A super-solid and funny game about bad actors on a western backlot, for 2 to 6 players.
- Devil Bunny Needs a Ham: An absurd game about climbing a building, for 2 to 5 players.
- Fish Cook: Fish Cook: a simple board game about cooking fish.
- Kill Doctor Lucky: A famous board game of murder in the dark. For 3 to 8 players.
- Spree!: A fast and furious game about looting a shopping mall, for 3-8 players.
- Tak: An abstract strategy game based on the works of Patrick Rothfuss.
- Tishai: A chess variant from the mysterious past, for 2 players.
- Witch Trial: A card game about lawyers, witches, and money, for 3 to 7 players.
Section 4, Games in Beta Test
Do you like testing things before they are done? Before they are even very good? Then this section is for you. These are the Cheapass Games that are good enough to test, but not good enough to publish. Check 'em out today, and give us your feedback!
- Cagway Bay: A pirate minis game with sailing, shooting, and loot!
- Tak: A new abstract strategy game based on the works of Patrick Rothfuss
Section 5, Accessories
We've got print-and-play files for Cheapass Games money, for use in several of our games including Deadwood, Witch Trial, and Unexploded Cow. And we also have designs for poker chips, and instructions on how to order your own.